We are down to the last hour that we have to live without Silverlight 2 Beta 2. I’m sure that many of you are wondering what you can do to help pass the time. Well you can get your computer prepared for the new bits by following a few simple rules:
- First, be sure to uninstall all of that old beta 1 crap from your machine. That includes any beta 2 builds that you may have been lucky to get. The full list of items to remove include:
- VS90-KB947520 or KB949325
- VS08 Silverlight Tools
- Blend (1, 2, and 2.5)
- Deep Zoom Composer
- Silverlight SDK
- Silverlight Runtime
- Next, be sure to delete the following file if it exists: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\IDE\Microsoft.VisualStudio.ServicesProxy.dll
- Delete the following file if it exists: %temp%\Silverlight Tools Beta2\Silverlight.2.0_Developer.exe
- This one should raise the question, “How did you get beta 2 you lucky so-and-so.”
- Finally, the installation order of the new stuff. Install the developer chainer, then Blend, then the new Deep Zoom Composer.
Now, it’s the weekend so let’s regroup on Monday with a cool demo to show everyone.